Wattsflow offers Sterling MA Choice™ for National Grid customers in Massachusetts. For just $7.50 per month, you can upgrade to cleaner renewable electricity from regional sources – and do your part for the environment, for energy security and independence, and for sustainability.
|Sterling MA Choice™ Content||% of Mix|
|New England Class I Wind||25%|
|New England Small Hydro||75%|
By choosing renewable electricity, you are:
- Clearing the air, offsetting carbon dioxide emissions from regular power plants
- Conserving fossil fuels – oil, coal and natural gas – that are nonrenewable
- Boosting energy diversity and sustainability
- Buying wind and small hydro RECs associated with electricity delivered to New England’s power grid
- Supporting New England and local economies
- Developing New England’s renewable energy market
Here’s how it works:
- You stay with National Grid, enrolling in the utility’s GreenUp program.
- You choose how many blocks of 250 kWh you would like to match against your monthly conventional electricity usage.
- National Grid handles billing. A separate line item showing your GreenUp enrollment will appear on your monthly electric bill.
- You pay a flat monthly fee that does not vary (i.e. $7.50 for 1 block).
- Change or cancel your enrollment at any time.